HeadacheFree is the product of a board-certified neurologist's desire to find a safe and effective way to help patients pro-actively manage chronic headaches, every day, without over-reliance on prescription or over-the-counter drugs. Does HeadacheFree work?
What are the active ingredients in HeadacheFree?
HeadacheFree is a whole food supplement that contains 100% of the recommended daily vitamins. Plus it has been specially formulated to include extra amounts of riboflavin (vitamin B2) and magnesium, which are the active ingredients that have been clinically proven to reduce headache suffering.
Does HeadacheFree also contain Fever Few?
No. Fever Few use is not recommended for women who may be pregnant or nursing, for those who may be at risk of blood clots, or for those who are allergic to chrysanthemum, ragweed or daisies. HeadacheFree has been formulated to provide headache prevention benefits without the use of Fever Few.
How is HeadacheFree different from other non-prescription remedies?
In fact, other non-prescription headache prevention products on the market today do not offer the combined benefit you get from HeadacheFree; a daily multivitamin and proven active ingredients, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and magnesium. With other supplements formulated for headache sufferers, to get the same ingredients found in HeadacheFree, you have to take as many as 15 tablets a day. With HeadacheFree, you take just two.
Is HeadacheFree habit-forming?
No. HeadacheFree is simply a daily vitamin - natural headache care, specially formulated with added amounts of vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and magnesium. HeadacheFree contains no habit-forming ingredients.
From Gary A. L'Europa MD:
"As a board-certified neurologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of headache, I have always prided myself on taking my patients' concerns seriously. All Headache sufferers want to regain control of their lives. That't why I developed HeadaceFree.
Until now, patients wanting to manage their headaches- without the use of prescription drugs - had to take as many as 15 pills a day to get all of the important daily vitamins and minerals along with the recommended amounts of riboflavin(B2) and magnesium for headache prevention. With HeadacheFree, you take just two tablets a day. Because the goal with HeadacheFree is the same as it is in my practice - headache relief in as natural a way as possible.
A 3-month double-blind placebo-controlled study of 55 people with migraines, revealed that riboflavin can significantly reduce the frequency and duration of migraine attacks.1 This study found that, when given at least 2 months to work, a daily dose of riboflavin (400 mg) can produce dramatic migraine relief. The majority of the participants experienced a greater than 50% decrease in the number of migraine attacks as well as the total days with headache pain. However, a larger and longer study is needed to follow up on these results.
1. Schoenen J, Jacquy J, Lenaerts M. Effectiveness of high-dose riboflavin in migraine prophylaxis. A randomized controlled trial. Neurology. 1998;50:466470.
Preliminary research in a group of women (mostly premenopausal) showed that supplementing with magnesium (usually 200 mg per day) reduced the frequency of migraines in 80% of those treated.1 In a double-blind trial of 81 people with migraines, 600 mg of magnesium per day was significantly more effective than placebo at reducing the frequency of migraines.2 Another double-blind trial found that taking 360 mg of magnesium per day decreased the number of days on which premenstrual migraines occurred.3
1. Weaver K. Magnesium and migraine. Headache 1990;30:168 [letter].
2. Peikert A, Wilimzig C, Kohne-Volland R. Prophylaxis of migraine with oral magnesium: results from a prospective, multi-center, placebo-controlled and double-blind randomized study. Cephalalgia 1996;16:25763.
3. Facchinetti F, Sances G, Borella P, et al. Magnesium prophylaxis of menstrual migraine: effects on intracellular magnesium. Headache 1991;31:298301
HeadacheFree contains the FDA recommended amounts of daily vitamins and minerals. Plus HeadacheFree contains two ingredients - vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and magnesium - that have been clinically proven to reduce headache suffering.
In separate clinical trials, vitamin B2 has been shown to significantly reduce headache frequency, severity, duration and the incidence of nausea; magnesium has been shown to significantly reduce headache frequency and drug consumption for symptomatic treatment of headaches. Combining these ingredients with a multivitamin makes HeadacheFree a complete dietary supplement formulated to provide the optimal health and wellness benefit for the headache-prone - all from just two tablets a day.HeadacheFree Ingredients Amount Per 2 Tablets % Daily
- Vitamin A (100% Beta-carotene) 5000 IU 100
- Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate) 60 mg 100
- Vitamin D (as D3 Cholcalciferol, from plant sterols) 400 IU 100
- Vitamin E (as D Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate, from wheat germ) 30 IU 100
- Vitamin K (as Phytonadione, from mulberry leaf) 25 mcg 31
- Vitamin B-1 (as thiamine HCl) 1.5 mg 100
- B-2 (as Riboflavin) 400 mg 23529
- Niacin (as niacinamide) 20 mg 100
- Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 2 mg 100
- Folate (as folic acid) 400 mcg 100
- Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 6 mcg 100
- Biotin 30 mcg 10
- Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium Pantothenate)10 mg 100
- Calcium (as Dicalcium Phosphate / ascorbate / sulfate) 162 mg 16
- Iron (as Ferrous Fumerate) 8 mg 44
- Phosphorus (as Dicalcium Phosphate) 109 mg 11
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg 100
- Magnesium (as oxide / sulfate) 400 mg 100
- Zinc (as oxide) 15 mg 100
- Selenium (as sodium selenite) 20 mcg 29
- Copper (as sulfate) 2 mg 100
- Manganese (as sulfate) 2 mg 100
- Chromium (as chloride) 120 mcg 100
- Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate) 75 mcg 100
- Chloride (as potassium) 72 mg 2
- Potassium (as chloride) 80 mg 2
- Boron (as Citrate) 150 mcg *
- Vanadium (as Vanadyl Sulfate) 10 mcg *
- Silicon (as Silica) 2 mg *
- Lutein 250 mcg *
* Daily Value is not established.
Other ingredients: Molasses, methyl cellulose, garlic, para amino benzoic acid, beet root fiber, rice bran extract, alpha lipoic acid, croscarmellose sodium, vegetable-based magnesium stearate.
Note: This product is a dietary supplement. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not evaluated any claims made. Dietary supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.